Tuesday 5 February 2013

Red & Pink

What a great weekend I've had!  Started well on Friday when I met up with a friend I used to work with and haven't seen in 5 years.  We had a great day and pretty much camped out in the John Lewis cafe.  Then on Sat night it was round to a neighbours for some lovely food at a Burns Supper. Always a good laugh when the neighbours get together so we weren't in bed till late. Then Sunday was a bit quieter, but really good too as I managed to sell a whole load of crafty bits in my ongoing attempt to tidy our loft. Yesterday it was back to domestic duties and cards ahead of the post below.  hope you all had a good weekend too.

So, today sees the start of a new challenge over at an Oldie But A Goodie, & this time it's Laurie who has chosen our theme of

Red & Pink

Obviously with Valentines day just around the corner this challenge is perfect for your Lovey Dovey cards, but you don't have to make a Valentine card just make something with plenty red & pink and remember to use an item older than 6 months on your card.  This time it was an old doily & old gems for me.


The sponsor this time around is one of my favourites as you all know, it's Bugaboo, & they are offering the lucky winner 7 digi's of their choice from their online store.



My card uses the image Valentine Jar available here.

For more inspiration head over to the main blog before joining us in our current challenge.

Challenges;
Stampavie & More - Love
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Di's Digi's - Love
My Time to Craft - Love is in the Air
Sweet Stampin - Love is all Around
Card Makin Mammas - Love
QKR - Love is in the Air
Milk Coffee - Valentines
Sketch n Stash - Sketch 106 - Uses my newest Valentine digi from Bugaboo & old gems that have been on the go for ages.

22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,such a gorgeous image and colours.xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous Janice. fab design and embossing and I love the jar of hearts :D

xx coops xx

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Janice. Great image and I love the layout with the embossed layers.
Hugs
Caz x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Janice, bit of snow here today and very windy again x Susan x

marion said...

What a sweet valetine's day card, hugs, Marion

Sue said...

Fabulous card Janice, I love the image and it looks great on the white background and embossing.
Sue xx

Whisper said...

Superb image hun and great layout too.

Where did you sell your excess crafty stash ?, Luv Sam x

Unknown said...

Hi Janice, what a great image and a fabulous card.

Love all the embossing and the white/black combo is perfect!!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin,

Sarah

Cheryl First said...

Wonderful card! I have yet to play with this image, and I love what you did with it!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

DesignerDiva said...

Hello my lovely little friend!
I ADORE your candy jar! I was looking at that image last week thinking it will have to be my next Bugaboo purchase and WHAM $%* you use it and show me what I'm missing!! Love your details and layers as always Janice.
I might be venturing up to bonny Scotland next month - Lisa and I are going to visit the craft show while we are there, is it anywhere near you?
Hugs Laurie xx

Gail said...

Adorable card! Love how you added shine. This is so pretty in the reds and white. Very attractive, great embossing folder of hearts! nice job. Thanks for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Janice, I like the image and the pins,Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

MiamiKel said...

This is over the top adorable! Thanks so much for joining the Catch the Bug Anything Goes challenge this month - hope to see you again! :)

Claire said...

Great card Janice, love the image which really pops off the page on that embossed white background. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Deonna B said...

Wonderful Card! I love the layout and your coloring. thank you for joining us at QKR Stampede this week.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the layout and colours you have used. Love Alison xxx

Rachel said...

I love this super cute image! Fab card!

Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Kimberly said...

Fabulous jar full of love...great embossing and design..thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug Anything Goes this week...

Kim. said...

Beautiful card, love the image and colours used. Thanks for joining us this week at My Time To Craft.
Kim xXx

Ally said...

looks so great, wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
Love, Alessandra

Anne H. said...

Your card is wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Liliya said...

Love your card! So cute!! Thank you for joining CMM Challenge! xx Lilia DT