Wednesday 29 January 2014

Vintage With Lace

On Sunday it rained and snowed on and off all day, so I went upstairs to make my latest card for Diva's By Design.  Today we follow the theme of;

Vintage with Lace

Not a particular favourite of mine, but as it was a DT card I had to get on with it!  Firstly I had the problem of an image.  Initially I was going to use an old photo, but in the end I went with a digi from Free Vintage Digital Stamps - think the name there says it all, and if any of you haven't checked them out I urge you to do so as they have some super images.

So, onto my card...


The colours haven't photographed too well, but I think you get the general idea! Papers are Bo Bunny Avenue Collection then the card is finished with Hobbyhouse pearls and gems, some lace and punched leaves.

Sponsoring us this time are the fabulous Live & Love Crafts, with our lucky winner getting?


Challenges;
Sketch Saturday - Struggled a bit with the embellishments this week!
Allsorts - Vintage
Fussy & Fancy - Vintage
Fantastic Tuesday - Make it Cute or Sweet - or both!

17 comments:

brenda said...

The image is so sweet with all the little bears Janice and if it's a theme you are not keen on your did a great job.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Sarah said...

I struggle with vintage and would be mighty proud if I'd managed to pull it off like you have!! What a lovely image, I'm off to have a peep!! xx

Sue B said...

Ooh what a wonderful image Janice… it's adorable! and the papers are so perfect with it… I love the pretty embellies… the leaves look fab! it's a beautiful vintage card hun!
Hope you have a nice day!
Hugs Sue B xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, Love the Teddys they are adorable, Love Hazelxoxo

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Janice, adorable image. I love the papers too.
Sue xx

cass said...

Beautifully crafted card, thanks for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday this week

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute, great vintage card hon x

Whisper said...

Oooo fabby adorable image and a great layout too, luv Sam x

Debs said...

So beautiful Janice - the image is adorable.
Not sure my card actually fits the theme at all lol!!!
Debs xx

Claire said...

This is lovely Janice, fabulous image and love the colours and detailing. Hugs, Claire x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

What an adorable card love those teddies so cute. Love Alison xx

Sarah said...

Such an adorable image Janice, makes a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Vintage challenge this week x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous vintage card Janice, adorable image and great details.
Wendy xx

DesignerDiva said...

Morning Janice sorry I'm a bit late, I've not had a minute this week!!
I adore that image, it's just about the cutest little scene I've seen lately. Fab card altogether, it all goes together perfectly.
Just had a nose at what I've missed and you must be nearly finished your Christmas cards for next year!!! OMG I feel so behind now lol
Hugs Laurie xx

vic said...

Hi Janice oh this is so sweet I love the teddy bear topper :) beautiful colours you have used to decorate your card looks so pretty!!!
Hugs
Vic x

Macarena said...

What a great bear family.
Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday,
Marzena, DT

coops said...

so gorgeous janice.beautiful vintage design and i love the bears :D

xx coops xx